SSC CGL 2017 Notification was expected to be announced on ,11th March 2017 (Now Postponed) and Tier-1 Exam is scheduled in June/July 2017. Complete Details given.....
Long Story in Short......
1) Notification for CGL 2017 Exam was expected to be announced on 11th March, but now it has been delayed.
2) Last Date for Submitting the Online CGL form is in April, 2017
3) SSC had made a few changes regarding the Eligibility criteria and Pattern of Exams. Complete Details are given in this post
4) CGL 2017 Tier-1 Exams are scheduled in June /July, 2017.
SSC's Combined Graduate Level Exam (CGLE) is India's one of the most sought after Government Job Exam in India, the reason is that, it opens the gateway to high salaried Group B and Group C posts in Central Government Departments and Ministries. Every year, around 30-40 lakh applications, are received for CGL Exam. In 2016, an all time high record was created with 38 lakh applications received for CGL 2016 Exam and in 2017 this number may touch even 40 Lakhs., with the addition of lakhs of fresh Graduates, passing out every year.
So, imagine an exam where 40 lakh candidates apply for a few thousand posts , the competition can be whooping high. The applicant vacancy ration in CGL Exam is 1:600, ie 500 students are in competition for a every single post in CGL Exam. But the Good news is that CGL 2017 will be big as far vacancies are concerned. It is expected that 2017 CGL Exam may have more than 20000 vacancies and bulk of these vacancies will be for Income Tax Department.
The popularity of this exam can also be understood by the fact, that as and when the SSC CGL 2017 Notification, is announced, it will get viral in no time. There are several websites, Facebook pages, that are sharing article on SSC CGL. Even News portals Like Zee News, Indian Express, India Today are reporting news on CGL Exam.
If, you are keen to get successful in the CGL 2017 Exam, then you should prepare in a planned manner. You should be aware of the Exam Dates and most importantly the Date for announcement of CGL 2017 Notification, well in advance, so that, you know, how much time, you have in hand, otherwise time will slip out and you will be left in the middle of road.
It is worth mentioning here that CGL Exam is held only once in a calendar year and this is why, there is a craze for this exam and this results in tremendous increase of applicants with every passing year. SSC announces the Exam dates in advance through its Exam Calendar, that is released by the end of every year.
In 2016, SSC Exam Calendar was announced on 13th November and the SSC Calendar 2017 was announced much earlier ie in the third week of October. As per the SSC Calendar 2017, the Notification for CGL 2017 Exam, will be announced on 11th March.
In this post, we will discuss the Complete Schedule for Advertisement of SSC CGL 2017 Notification, from where to get the Notification, where to apply , Which books to read, everything, will be shared on this page.
Update ( As on 12th March, 2017)
SSC CGL 2017 Notification PostponedSSC is yet to confirm the upcoming Date of SSC CGL 2017 Notification. As per the Calendar, Notification was to be announced on 11th March, 2017, but SSC again failed to comply with the Tentative Schedule and Notification was not announced on said date.
Even Leading News Websites Like India Today, Zee News, Indian Express have reported that CGL 2017 Notification, will be announced on 11th March, but it looks SSC has some different Plans
Here are some possible reasons, that lead to Delay in the Notification
1) First SSC want to complete the Recruitment process for CGL 2016 Tier-1 Exam. CGL 2016 Tier-3 Paper is scheduled on 11th March, 2017 and after that there will be Tier-IV and this whole process many take more than a month to complete.
2) SSC had sent a File to DOPT regarding some changes in the cGL Exam. It is reported that the file is still pending with the DOPT. Only after the file gets cleared SSC will announce the Notification
3) SSC may be considering some changes for the CGL 2017 Exam. Possible changes are
- Increasing the Upper age limit to 30 years
- Reducing the Time Duration in Tier-1 from 75 minutes to 60 minutes
And Last But not the Least.
Postponing Notification and Exam Dates have become a routine at SSC.
Once, we get any update on the CGL Notification, we will inform you through this page.
Important Highlights of SSC CGL 2017 Exam1) In 2017, CGL Exam may have record no. of vacancies, thanks to Central Government's decision to create 2.83 lakh vacancies in 2017-18. As recruitment for Central Government Departments is done by SSC, so this year, CGL will be a big Exam, with maximum people applying for it and Bumper vacancies
2) For 2017 CGL Exam, Age Limit is raised by 3 years. Earlier the Upper age limit for CGL posts is 27 years, but with this increase, candidates upto the age of 30 can apply for CGL 2017 Exam. Here is our Detailed post on SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit.
3) Crucial Date for determining the Eligibility criteria, in the CGL 2017 Exam, will be 1st August, 2017. Earlier the Crucial Date is as per the closing date of Application form Or Ist Jan of the year of Notification.
4) Its rumoured, that there may be a Change in the Scheme of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 Exam and that too for the Exam Time. It is informed, that Duration for CGL Tier-1 Exam may be reduced from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
First three points are correct and there is a doubt over Point No. 4 and only after the announcement of CGL Notification, we get to know the Exact Pattern of CGL Exam.
How to Get SSC CGL 2017 Notification ?
You can get the CGL Notification, only after it will be officially announced by SSC.
The release date of SSC CGL Notification, and tentative schedule of announcement, will be known, only after the SSC Exam Calendar for 2017 will be announced. This calendar, will have Date of CGL Notification, Dates for submitting the online application and Exam dates.
However, going by the trends of last few years (Expect 2015), CGL Notification is announced in January OR February. Only is 2015, the Notification, was announced in May.
Update: We would like to update all our readers that SSC had announced the Tentative Schedule of Exams to be held in 2017-18. As per the information, given in the Exam Calendar, CGL Notification will be announced on 11th March, 2017
Here is the Date wise List of SSC CGL Notification, announced in the last few years
In 2017, too the CGL Notification is expected to be announced on 11th March, 2017 and Tier-1 Exams in June/July, 2017.
However, this schedule is completely tentative and can be changed anytime.
Now, we will discuss, how you can get the SSC CGL 2017 Notification
1) By Employment Newspaper : Employment Newspaper is a store house of all the Government Job Notifications. All the major Recruitment agencies, Like SSC, UPSC, Railways, IBPS all publish their Recruitment Notification is Employment Newspaper.
Whenever SSC will announce the CGL Notification, 2017, the same will be published in Employment Newspaper. As the Notification is expected to be released in March 2017, so you are as such advised to Subscribe OR Buy Employment Newspaper, which is available at a affordable price of only Rs 12 Per copy.
As we have the Tentative Date of CGL Notification. So for Detailed Advertisement, you should buy the Employment Newspaper Dated 11th March, 2017.
Employment Newspaper is published by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. You can also subscribe for E-Version of Employment Newspaper and download in PDF format
2) From SSC Official Website : SSC hosts its main website at www.ssc.nic.in and 9 other Regional SSC Websites for different regions. Once the CGL 2017 Notification is prepared, the same will be uploaded in PDF file on the Official Website of SSC and SSC Regional Websites.
It is worth mentioning here that, PDF file containing the CGL Notification, will be uploaded on the websites 2-3 Days before, the same is printed in Employment Newspaper. So, you can get the Notification from official website, with waiting for the employment newspaper.
3) Exclusive SSC CGL Notification website : We have made this website, for providing each and everything, related to CGL Exam. Right from the announcement of Notification, to Submitting the Online application forms, till results, everything will be shared on this website. (www.ssccgl2017notification.in)
Aspirants are advised to subscribe to this website, so that they can receive all the Important Notification, free by Email.
Various Posts in SSC CGL 2017 ExamSSC CGL is a combined test for various Group B and Group C posts in Central Government Departments and Ministries. Each post has its different Pay-Scale and Job Profile.
Here is the complete List of Posts in the SSC CGL 2017 Exam
(I) List of Group B Posts Having Pay Band : 9300 - Rs 34800
1) Assistants (In various Departments)
2) Inspector of Income Tax( CBDT)
3) Inspector (Excise/ Examiner / Preventive Officer in CBEC)
4) Assistant Enforcement Officer (In Directorate of Enforcement / Revenue Department)
5) Sub-Inspector (CBI)
6) Inspector of Posts (Department of Posts)
7) Divisional Accountant (In CAG)
8) Statistical Investigator (M/O Statistics and Program Implementation)
9) Sub-Inspector (In National Investigation Agency)
(II) List of Group B Posts Having Pay Band : 5200 - Rs 20200
1) Assistant audit Officer (In CAG)
2) Auditor ( Offices in C&AG, CGDA, CGA)
3) Accountant / Jr. Accountant (Officer under C &AG)
4) Sr. Secretariat Assistant (In Various Ministries)
5) Tax Assistant (CBEC)
6) Tax Assistant (CBDT)
7) Compiler (Registrar General of India)
8) Sub-Inspector ( Central Bureau of Narcotics)
Important Points to Note
1) All the above mentioned posts carry All India Service Liability ie. Selected Candidates will have to serve anywhere in India
2) Applicants, must note that at the time of Inviting applications, SSC will not show the No. of vacancies against each post. Actual No, of vacancies, will be determined at least one month before the declaration of Final Results.
Post-Preference in the SSC CGL 2017 Exam
What is the Salary for SSC CGL Posts ?
As we know, that SSC CGL is a common exam for various Group B and Group C posts and as such their Pay-Scale and Salaries are different. Moreover, Salaries also vary as per the Location of posting.
Example : You will be paid higher in Metro cities and comparatively less in Non-Metro cities.
Posts in CGL are broadly classified into
1) Group B posts having Grade Pay of Rs 4200, Rs 4600 and Rs 4800
2) Group C posts having Grade Pay of Rs 2400 and Rs 2800.
As, we have mentioned above that Salaries vary by post wise and Location wise, So here is approximate salaries as per the Grade Pay
1) Grade Pay Rs 4200: Rs 45000/-
2) Grade Pay Rs 4600: Rs 53000/-
3) Grade Pay Rs 4800: Rs 58000/-
4) Grade Pay Rs 2800: Rs 34000/-
5) Grade Pay Rs 2400: Rs 24000/-
What after the Notification is announced ?
This is no denying, CGL being the very popular exam in India, the Notification, will get viral in no time.
Now, the Question is what to do next, after the Notification, gets announced.
1) Read the Full content of the Notification, and find if there are any changes in the SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility criteria, Exam, Pattern, Syllabus etc.
2) Marks the Important Dates and most importantly, the Dates for submitting the SSC CGL online application form. Also keep note of Exam Dates, so that, you will be aware of the time left for the exam.
It is also advised, that, you submit the application form well before the closing date, as there will be several issue during the last days. The most frequent is website getting overloaded and becomes unresponsive.
3) As, the Syllabus and Exam Pattern in given in the Notification, itself, aspirant are advised to keep note of it and start preparing for the exam.
4) Applicants are also advised to go through the posts and also mark your preference of posts, as these might be need, when you submit the application forms. While, marking the preference, make sure, to give priority of those posts, you are interested in.
Note : SSC had released an important Notification for CGL 2017 Aspirants. As per the Notification, the crucial date for determining the Age Limit for CGL 2017 Exam is 1st August, 2017.
Important Dates for SSC CGL Exam 2017
Knowing the Exam Dates in advance , will help you in the long run, the best part is that, you can manage your time properly and effectively.
Here is the complete Tentative Schedule of SSC CGL Exam 2017
Announcement of Notification
11th March, 2017
Closing Date of Registration
15th April, 2017
Issue of SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
1st week of June, 2017
19th June to 2nd July , 2017
Declaration of Tier-1 Result
5th -8th September, 2017
Declaration of Tier-2 Result
Oct / Nov, 2017
Date of CGL Descriptive Paper
Computer / Proficiency test
SSC CGL Final Result
Feb / March, 2018
Note: This schedule is completely tentative and based upon the Schedule as given in the SSC Calendar, 2017, moreover exact schedule, will be known, only after the announcement of CGL 2017 Notification on 11th March, 2017.
Who can apply for SSC CGL 2017 Exam ?
If, you are willing to appear in the CGL 2017 Exam, then you should full fill the below mentioned eligibility conditions
1) Nationality : To appear for CGL Exam, you must be an Indian, OR a subject of Nepal Or a subject of Bhutan
2) Age Limit (As on 1st August, 2017): SSC CGL offers various posts, and as such these posts carry different Age Limit, but for the most of the posts, age criteria is 18 to 27 years and 20 to 30 years.
At the time of verification, your age as recorded in your Matriculation certificate, will be only accepted as Proof of Age.
3) Educational Qualification (As on 1st August, 2017): The basic qualification to apply for CGL Exam is only Graduation, but for a few posts you need additional qualification Like If, you want to apply for Statistical Investigator post, you should have Statistics as one of the subject at degree level
Update (As on 30th Dec, 2016)Upper Age Relaxed by 3 years
On 30th Dec, 2016, Department of Personnel Training (DOPT) had released a Notification, giving relaxation is upper age limit for various group B posts having Grade Pay of Rs 4200, Rs 4600 and Rs 4800.
As per the Notification, the Age limit for CGL 2017 Exam, is relaxed by 3 years. Now, those with with upper age less than 30 years, can apply for CGL Exams. Earlier the age limit is 18 to 27 years.
Here are the List of posts for which SSC revised and relaxes the upper age limit by 3 years
SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus and Exam PatternThe selection process for CGL Exam, comprises of Three tier exams (Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3), followed by computer proficiency test / Skill test.
Books for SSC CGL 2017 Exam
1) Tier-1 : All those, who apply for CGL Exam, will have to appear for Tier-1 Exam, which comprises of 100 Objective Questions (200 Marks) from 4 sections, given below.
Each Question carry 2 marks and Total time allotted is 75 minutes.
- General English 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- General Awareness 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Reasoning 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude 25 Questions (50 Marks)
Note : There is penalty of 0.50 marks for every incorrect answer.
SSC CGL 2017 Question Paper : Download from 19th June onwards
2) Tier-2 : All those, who qualify the Tier-1 exam, will have to appear in the Tier-2 Exam, which comprises of 4 Papers, having duration of 2 hours each. Paper-1 and Paper-2 is compulsory for all, Paper-3 and Paper-4 is only for those, who have applied for Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer in CAG respectively.
- Paper-1 : Quantitative Abilities (100 Questions / 200 marks)
- Paper-2 : English Language and Comprehension (200 Questions / 200 Marks)
- Paper-3 Statistics (100 Questions / 200 marks)
- Paper-4 : Finance and Economics (100 Questions / 200 marks)
3) Tier-3 : Those, who qualify the Tier-2 Exam, will have to appear for Tier-3 Exam, which is descriptive Paper of 100 marks, that have questions on Essay writing and Letter writing.
- Minimum marks required to Qualify the descriptive Paper is only 33%
- Descriptive Paper is Bilingual. ie you have the option to write the paper in Hindi Or English. However, part of paper written in Hindi and part in English, will not be evaluated
Final Merit : The Final Merit is obtained by combining the marks obtained in the Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3 taken together. Those, who fall in the Merit will be called for Tier-4 stage
4) Tier-4 comprises of Computer Proficiency test/ Skill test which is of Qualifying nature.
- Skill test is only for the post of Tax Assistants (In Central Excise and Income Tax Department)
- Computer Proficiency test (CPT) is conducted only for Assistant Section Officer in CSS. CPT involves Word Processing, Generation of Slides and Spread Sheet.
Here is our detailed post on SSC CGL 2017 Selection Process.
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Cards
Moreover, before releasing the Admit cards, SSC will release a detailed notification, regarding the Downloading schedule of Admit cards. So, keep checking this page for real time updates on Admit cards for CGL Exam.
The most expected Date for release of CGL 2017 Tier-1 Admit cards is 6th to 10th June, 2017. Once the Admit cards will be uploaded on the Regional websites, we will share the Direct Links for downloading Admit cards on this page.
To avoid, any difficulty in Downloading of Admit cards, you should keep following things in mind
1) To download Admit Cards, you need your Registration No, So keep your Registration No. safe and available with you
2) Admit Cards, can be downloaded from the Regional SSC Websites and not from the SSC Main Website. So make sure, you log on to the correct SSC website
3) After Downloading the Admit Cards, make sure all the Details are correct. In case of Discrepancy, contact your Regional SSC Office.
Admit Cards for SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam 2017
Only those candidates, who qualify the CGL Tier-1 Exam, can appear in the Tier-2 Exam and eventually, they will be issued Admit Cards.
How to Apply ?
To, apply for CGL 2017 Exam, you need to wait till the announcement of Notification and activation of Online Registration Link.
SSC gives ample time, to apply for CGL Exam. Normally, 30 Days, are given for submitting the online application form. In 2016, the Online application dates were extended twice, so as to facilitate, more and more candidates to apply for CGL Exam and the result is 35 lakh applications were received.
Application form : SSC had both Online and offline forms to apply for CGL Exam.
Paper application forms, can be printed from the Official CGL Notification document Or you can taken from local stationary shop.
Alternatively, you can also submit the online application for logging on to the SSC Online websites @ www.sscregistration.com and www.ssconline2.gov.in.
Here are some simple steps for submitting the SSC CGL 2017 Online form
1) Open any of these SSC Registration websites Like www.ssconline2.gov.in OR www.sscregistration.com
2) Part-1 Registration : After that, you can have to proceed for Part of SSC CGL Registration. Herem you have to Fill your Basic Details, Like NAme, Parentage, Age, Central, Eductaion Qualifications etc, that you can simply fill by following the On-Screen Instructions.
On the next page, you have to Fill the Post preferences for SSC CGL Exam, and for that, you can read this post for Filling the SSC CGL Post Preferences for Male as well as Female candidates
3) Part-2 Registration : After completing the Part-1 Registration, you will be assigned a Registration No, which is needed for completing the Part-2 of Registration, which includes, uploading the Photograph and Signature and Payment of Application fees.
It is only after you complete the Payment process, your application will be accepted.
It is highly advisable, that you should be very careful, while filling the Online form, as Incomplete , Inaccurate and Partially filled form, will be out rightly rejected, and therefore, you won't appear in the CGL Exam.
Apply Online Dates: The Online Registration for CGL 2017 exam, will start from 11th March, 2017 and will end on 15th April, 2017. However the closing dates for Part-1 and Part-2 Registration, will be known only after the announcement of CGL 2017 Notification
The detailed instructions for submitting the SSC CGL 2017 Online application form, will be given in our upcoming post.
Application fees: Exam fees is what that make, more and more candidates, apply for CGL Exam. SSC charges, only Rs 100 as application cum examination fees.
Moreover, Category and female candidates are exempted from paying any application fees.
This low application fees is also a reason somewhere for so many candidates apply for CGL Exam.
But, when it comes to attendance, less than 50% appear for CGL Exam.
For 2016 CGL Tier-1 Exam, the attendance was 36% only.
We will update this page, when SSC will announce its Exam calendar and releases its Official Notification for CGL 2017 Exam.
Soon, after the announcement of Notification, we will share the Direct links for submitting the SSC CGL Application form online.
Moreover, in our upcoming posts, we will share the Detailed Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Study Notes and Books for SSC CGL 2017 Exam.
If, you have any queries, related to CGL 2017 Exam, then kindly drop you comments below.